Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'll have my bonbons to go...

Who said stay-at-home-moms watch soaps and eat bonbons??? I'm changing my job title from SAHM to 'Personal Assistant to 3 Jr Executives'. Now if I could just have a secretary, a chauffeur and a pay raise! My office isn't too bad, lots of windows and it's mobile...and as of right now it's clean too, LOL! I won't go into all the details of how crazy this month has been, and how next month will test my skills and stamina in epic ways, and how I'm considering adding a sleeping bag and refrigerator to the office. Just suffice it to say that I have a constant feeling of forgetting something or somebody!!!

I have a total lack of concentration. And all 279 of my WIP have stalled, never mind that they've stalled because I stopped working on them. I needed a 'quick fix', and so conjured up Tanya's cute freebie from her shop site...it was just the little bit of magic I needed :)

Hedwig's Four Patch freebie by The Sampler Girl

fabric: 32ct remnant

fibers: DMC

Ok, I totally know that it says 2007 on it...better late than never~~and I figured I changed it enough with the colors I didn't want to change the pattern too. I love finishing stuff into ring tags! It's so quick and easy, and I adore things that are both decorative and useful!!! I'm sure you all think I've got a drawer full of tags, but this is only my second one. All the others have found good homes elsewhere ;)

And because in real life, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans are really Jelly Bellies......check out this adorable tin I found at Target!!!


I hope that your week is going well, yay it's 1/2 over! Thanks for taking the time to stop by, love your comments!!! Happy Stitching to all :)

19 comments:

Carol said...

Love your floss tag! So cute!! Gosh, you do sound busy!

Kim B said...

Another cute floss tag! And I hope your able to make proper modifications to your "office" soon - but clean is a great place to start!

Anonymous said...

Love the Jelly Belly tin!! :)

Please tell me that the tin wasn't filled with jelly beans, because then I'd have to go sit in a corner and cry. I love jelly beans but they're hard to find here. Enjoy those beans! :)

Valerie said...

Your ring tag is adorable!! And I have to comment on your photography as well... you did a wonderful job with the setup! It really sets off the ring tag and the tin.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Love how you photographed it!

Julianne said...

Staci,
I just love your rig tag. It looks great.

Oh, do I spot a black jelly bean? Those are my favorite and no one in my family likes them, so they're all mine.

Kathy A. said...

I'm still laughing. That's quite the mobile office you have there. Your floss fob is adorable. I too am a big HP fan. Great Jelly Belly find. Good luck with the rest of your week.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH MY!!! Looks like your as busy and stressed out as I am...its the end of school thing that gets me every time this point in the year. Always rush, rush - go, go...take care!
And I must say if you think everything is stalled...you sure do get a lot of stuff stitched up!!! Love the HP ringtag...it is perfect! The tin is cute! Take care ;) I'm holding on with my fingernails and toenails...you dig in too!

Kathy said...

It is a busy time of the year for kids and school. You end up doing all the work. Just like if you had a real office job.

Love the floss tag. Now everytime I see one on your blog, I just grin and say "I have one of those and they are so special."

Carolyn said...

Hi Staci and thank you for visiting my blog. :) I love your floss tag. Not sure what planet I've been on, but I've never even seen one. Yours is adorable!! And all your other stitching....well, suffice it to say I've bookmarked your site and intend to spend quite sometime drooling. :)

Hugs,
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

P.S. I bought one of those jelly bean tins, too. I haven't figured out yet what to do with it, but it didn't take but ohhhhh about five seconds to start eating the jelly beans. LOL

Carolyn

Marie said...

I started work on my Floss Ring but I think that the grommet thingy is not long enough to go through the stitched piece/thin cardboard inside...do you know if those "grommet thingies" come in different sizes??? I have a bunch but they are all the same size.
Thanks!

Sally said...

Now why didn;'t I think of calling myself a personal assistant instead of a SAHM! Love it Staci!

The HP floss ring looks fantastic:)

Michele said...

Love your floss ring! I have to add this to my list of need to learn :)

I have to admit, I miss those days of running around crazy with my boys .. really I do!

Michele said...

Love your floss ring! I have to add this to my list of need to learn :)

I have to admit, I miss those days of running around crazy with my boys .. really I do!

Jennifer said...

Love the FRT. Now I just have convice my husband that I don't chat with a bunch of stitchers who discuss "farts". Somehow the F-loss R-ing T-ag thing was lost in translation for him.

Sharon said...

What a great floss tag! Love it!

Annie said...

Love your blog. I've just gotten into floss rings and luggage tags with eyelets too. Come see when you get a chance..

anniebebop.blogspot.com

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

This is adorable - love it!!!

Tanya