Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exchanges

I had Carol's name for the HoE Prairie Schooler exchange. I admit being a little intimidated to stitch for Carol......she's a gifted stitcher and finisher and she's prolific in the world of exchanges (AND she's the moderator for the HoE, lol.) I fretted and fussed, trying to figure out a Prairie Schooler that she hadn't rec'd (and Carol, your archives don't go back far enough!) In the end, I decided to do a finish that she hasn't received very many of. I didn't take a pic of the extras I sent but you can see them on Carol's blog :)

ABC Bird freebie by

The Prairie Schooler

fabric: 28ct linen remnant

fibers: DMC

Mairi received her squares for Round 8 of the Fair Squares a couple of weeks ago. They ended up being in her favorite colors, hurray!

Amish Mini Quilt

from the Leisure Arts book "Quick as a Wink"

fabric: 32ct oyster linen

fibers: DMC

Well folks, that's it for me. I started a little fall housecleaning today so I'm a little pooped. I've just made a fresh pot of coffee, so I'm going to grab a cup and plop down on the sofa to watch Sunday Night Football with Hubby. And if my eyes can stay open, I just may stitch a little ;)

20 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Well, you have no reason to be intimidated. You have done a beautiful job on your exchange. Your FS squares are quite lovely too. Way to go.

Michele said...

love the exchange you sent to Carol .. Lovely finishing as always :)

Creative Chaos said...

Wonderful stitching !!
Patti xx

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on Carol's exchange!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It's a beautiful exchange Staci :O)
I love how you finished it (as always!)
Hooo...fall cleaning any pics of your divinely clean home?

Nancy said...

Your Prairie Schooler piece is beautiful! I love how you have finished it, and doesn't the fabric go perfect! Such a pretty little square too!

Angela said...

I just love the Prairie Schooler piece and your finishing as always looks fabulous!

Sally said...

I love your PS finish for Carol. It is gorgeous.

Concha said...

It´s really beautiful!!. I love it.

"Magnolia" said...

Staci, your PS is very pretty. I'm sure Carol is over the moon with it!

Um, wanna come do my Fall cleaning? I've been procrastinating this year...LOL

Suzanne said...

Love what you sent to Carol, very pretty!!! Suz

Wendy said...

You did a wonderful job with Carol's exchange piece! I'm sure she is thrilled to receive it.

Andrea said...

A beautiful exchange piece for Carol.

Lillie said...

Lovely exchanges.

Unknown said...

Awesome stitching and finishing! Love the FS squares you stitched.

Fall cleaning...I thought we only had to clean in the spring??? LOL

Anonymous said...

love your PS finish, and love how you finished it, i would love to have a go at making one

well done, super stitching as always :)

Solstitches said...

I always enjoy seeing what you have made and this PS finish is gorgeous.
I doubt I'll ever dare attempt finishing a piece that way but I do love the way they look.

Rachel V said...

Beautiful work, Staci, and your finishing is perfection! I am sure Carol loves it.

Mercedes said...

Beautiful, !!

Anonymous said...

Please share how you created this wonderful PS finish!! Perhaps there's a link for it or you can provide dummies like me a step by step - finishing is definitely my weak link! LOVE IT!