Wednesday, December 15, 2010

39 and 5 days

That's how old I am today.  Kinda like when you're a kid and you're 5 and 3/4.  Who am I kidding, nothing like that!  Definitely better than that thanks to some sweet, sweet friends!  I received this fabulous mug mat from Harmien.  I just love it...it's so cute and like everything Harmien does, beautifully stitched.


And look at the darling little tea bag cozy!  Harmien must be psychic because I've been on a serious Twinings tea jag lately (Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast, Oolong, Earl Grey, etc.)  Thank you so much Harmien for your beautiful and thoughtful gift and for your wonderful friendship!


Wendy Jo sent me this adorable pillow that perfectly sums up our friendship.  And it's even better with chocolate (which you should all be proud of me because I just finished up the last bit this morning...it lasted 5 w-h-o-l-e days!)  I put the pillow on my bedside table where I see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night.  Thank you so much Wendy Jo, I just love it and you too!


Yesterday's mail brought this little surprise from Judy M.  Surprise in more ways than one too...just look at that envelope opened on 3 sides.  No note from the post office about why either.


Inside was a lovely card, a beautiful shade of floss from a company I've never heard of, and some delicious cocoa (I wonder exactly what kind of cocoa the PO thought was in there?!?!)  Thank you sooo much Judy for always being so thoughtful and always having the most wonderful things to say...you have a way of making a person feel special!


And finally, I just have to show you one my bday cards, this one happens to be from my Oldest.  At least I know she was using her class time wisely by making her wonderful and loving mother a card, rather than surfing the web and checking FB updates.


She's come out of school the last several years on my bday, bearing a handmade card with a bunch of her friends' signatures and wishes in it.  I think that's pretty awesome for a bunch of 15 and 16yr olds.


Well!  That's it for me today everyone, and thanks for taking the time to stop by...I think you're pretty awesome too!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Staci...
I love the tea rug and tea holder! What a nice gift!

I've been wanting to make some mug rugs...and my daughter and I take tea to our restaurant dates because they don't offer good teas. This would be a nice idea for her!

Roberta said...

What great presents and how thoughtful of your friends and your daughter and her friends.

Glad you had a nice birthday, from another Sag!! (who is 62 and 10days)

Enjoy the Season.

valerie said...

Happy Birthday Staci! I hope that you had a great day. Love the mug mat and all the other gifties too. Hard to believe that package from Canada still had items in it!

KarenV said...

Happy (belated) birthday Staci! What lovely gifts you received and the card from your daughter is wonderful (it's so sweet that her friends sign it too!)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Staci! Love the gifts that you rec'd. Enjoy the day :)

Lesleyanne said...

Happy belated birthdya.

Annie said...

You have great friends who took the time to make you some lovely gifts. Have a wonderful birthday. You know life begins at 40, don't you?

Cole said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely gifts for a lovely lady :) Teenagers can be pretty amazing sometimes, can't they?

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Happy Birthday, Staci! What great gifts you received!

Merry Christmas, too!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday!
You got some lovely gifts there too :-)

Lainey said...

Such beautiful gifts you have received Staci. Lovely card from your daughter and its so sweet her friends sign it too.

Carol said...

Oh to be 39 again (or even 49!!)... Looks like your birthday was celebrated in style with such pretty gifts and sweet cards. I've kept all the old birthday cards my sons made me when they were young and whenever I stumble across them, they sure bring on the tears. Enjoy your coming year :)

Cathy B said...

Happy belated birthday Staci. Lots of special gifts for a special lady!

Jan said...

Aren't friends and special daughters the best? Love your gifties and a happy, happy birthday, early!!

Anonymous said...

I think I will go back to 39 next year... LOL!! Glad you like my gifts, Staci!! What a sweet gift from your daughter. Nothing can beat that, right?!!

Siobhán said...

Happy belated birthday!! I am so glad to see that you were spoiled--you deserve it. ;)

Beautiful finishes! I love the ornaments that you did for your kids. (Yes, I am yet again woefully behind on blog commenting.) Hey, I was finally working on an ornament last night & was considering putting 1994 on it, and passing it off as my son's ornament for the year he was born. Cough. So, don't feel so bad about the '09!! ;)

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year to you and yours.

Michelle said...

Happy belated Birthday - glad you had a nice time xx

The Scarlett House said...

Belated happy birthday wishes! Cute, cute gifts from your thoughtful friends. Especially love the tea mat. I'm a Twining's girl myself, English Breakfast is my fave.

Nicole said...

Happy belated birthday Staci! You received some very beautiful gifts! :)

Michele B. said...

Happy 39 and 8 days now - I've come late to the party. The gifts are lovely and a reflection of their recipient. What a special daughter you have!