Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Still Not Blogging Enough

I've definitely been blogging more this past month, but I still have several finishes to catch up on (which is so much better than having to find something to blog about!)

First up, my new favorite shawl.  I think each new finish is my favorite...at least 'til the next one's done!  But I really, really love the way this turned out.  Love the way it hangs and drapes.  Love how squishy and cozy it is.  Love the color too. 


Mara by Madelinetosh
pattern found here
needles:  size 8
yarn:  Country by Caron, Ocean Spray
3 skeins:  85g/185yds each


I really wanted to keep the other Sunday Market Shawls, but I had two skeins of this sweet yellow in my stash to make one for myself.  For some reason, even though I've never really been drawn to yellow, I am wanting to knit lots of yellow things. 


Sunday Market Shawl by Vanessa Carter
pattern found here
needles:  size 10
yarn:  Country by Caron, Soft Sunshine
2 skeins:  85g/185yds each


And here's a cowl I knit several months back.  Love the color and I think I'll wear it quite a bit during the colder months.....but I found this an unusually tedious knit, so it's much narrower than the pattern because I just wanted to be done with it. 


Twisted Rib Neckwarmer by Michelle
pattern found here
needles:  size 7
yarn:  Rowan Felted Tweed, color #SH146
1 skein:  50g/191yds


And the second best thing about having 3 great finishes.....they were all from stash yarn!!!  Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments!!!  Have a great one!

30 comments:

Terri said...

Love the shawls! One of these days, I'm going to learn to knit!!

Terri
tpatterson1961@gmail.com

Gabi said...

Gorgeous shawls. I have the same with yellow. It isn't my favorite color (that's red) but I am drawn to yellow wool as well. Not too bright yellow though. Love the color of your yellow shawl...a LOT.

Annie said...

You really are a human knitting machine! Love all your work.

Brigitte said...

These shawls are just gorgeous.

Joanie said...

Your yellow shawl is gorgeous! Lovely color!
I wish I could knit. I dabble but that's about it.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful, Staci! I love seeing all of your pretty knitted things. I wish I knew how. I've been trying to learn. Thank you for sharing yours with us. :)

Michele said...

your projects make me drool :)

Hazel said...

All are lovely esp that last cowl. Very pretty. x

Gayle said...

Staci, such nice finishes. I like the Market Shawls and your new favorite shawl. I especially wanted to thank you for posting the patterns. You alway do lovely work and I enjoy seeing all your success. :)

valerie said...

Lovely knittings! Just love that pale blue shawl. The color and design is gorgeous!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love that shade of yellow, it's so soft and subtle. It's not fun to knit or make something that you find a chore - I know the feeling, all too well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects. Now that you've used all that stash yarn, it must be time to go shopping!

mdgtjulie said...

Lovely finishes, even the one you just wanted to get done with!! Keep up the great work!

Jennifer said...

I cetainly am not blogging enough. I love to see your amazing finishes! Yes, I too get great satisfaction out of creating from my stash!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. All beautiful. I love that green of course, but I really want to make the top shawl that you did in the Caron Country. I think I queued it the other day in Ravelry. Have to try to keep myself from casting on right now this very second. :) Beautiful!

Deb said...

Your pieces are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for providing the links. I have a friend who has been on me to knit a shawl and seeing yours just brings me a step closer to doing that.

Jan said...

The shawl reminds me of a moth's wings. Very pretty.

Sharon said...

Oh, how I wish I had your talent with knitting! Such beautiful projects. Love the shawl.

Elisa said...

Beautiful knits as always Staci...I love the duck egg blue shawl....

Sally said...

Your shawls are beautiful Staci:)

Julie said...

Such beautiful knitting, the shawls are amazing

Vinniey said...

Your knitting is so beautiful, Staci! I agreed with you, the pale greyish-blue shawl looks so cozy and I love the color too.

Carol said...

Your knitting is amazing, Staci! I love each of those colors--so soft and soothing...

Kate said...

Gorgeous creations!

Sally said...

LOVE the Mara shawl. Definitely one I'd like to make. I think I even have some yarn in my stash I could use. Just how many WIPs can one person have? I have a lot right now. Must knit faster.....

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

You do such beautiful work. I know what you mean about not blogging enough, however, it takes so much time to get a piece finished, and I find that I don't have any thing new to post. Have a great weekend.

KarenV said...

You always knit such pretty things Staci! Great finishes :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow your knitting is just amazing!!!!

Yarny Days said...

Love the shawl! It is just beautiful. You make such beautiful things.

Siobhán said...

Amazing, amazing work as always, Staci!! I love the shade of green on the cowl.