Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's that time of year...

Hello Dear Friends!  It's that time of year already, the time when gift-making is underway in my little world.  The days seem to pass extra fast, bringing the holidays ever-quicker.  Does it feel that way to you too?  I love making gifts.  I love the "slowness" of it in our hurry-scurry world.  But, admittedly, there is a ticking timeline that adds some pressure to the process.  So I've decided to pare down my annual Handmade-Holiday-Gift-List this year.


by Homespun Living
Peaches and Cream in ecru and red
sz 7 needles


The mitts I made for the teachers a few years ago were such a big hit, that I decided to make a pair for Youngest's teacher this year...


by A Friend to Knit With
Alpaca Natural Blends by Bernat in Wheat
sz 7 needles
(cast on 36st instead of 40)


Well that does it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.  Sending you all a little Colorado Sunshine!


20 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely ideas. Like the mitts. Fab idea. If I only have enough time....

Annie said...

You always come up with the cutest gift projects. Love these!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Yes, yes it's coming so fast this year and I have been working on gifts since January! Love the mitts and am now wondering if I should add them to my list?! :)

BeckySC said...

Just lovely dear Staci :) The colors in the dishcloths are wonderful!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous gifts.

Julie said...

The waffle dishcloths are amazing, sure to be a great gift.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How lucky and blessed are those to be on your gift list. I always cherish a gift when someone has taken the time to put their heart into it and to make it. Love the wonderful waffle dishcloths........they have such a charm to them! The mitts and the lotion is just the most thoughtful gift! blessings,Kathleen

Penny said...

Lovely gifts that anyone would be thrilled to receive! I love the colors you used for the dishcloths. I love looking at everything you knit and it makes me determined to learn how to knit socks and mitts/mittens/gloves. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the dishcloths all tied up with happy ribbon. So cute.

Wishing you family a blessed holiday season and plenty of time to get all your gifts knit up.

Carol said...

Love your cute gifts, Staci :)

Handmade gifts are so special--would you believe I still have some of my sons' teachers mention to me how much they love the cross-stitched PS Santas I made for them years ago (and my sons are in their 20s!!).

Kellie said...

Yes, the days do seem to pass by extra fast and the holidays seem to come quicker each year. I always love seeing what is on your HHGL each year. I'm always impressed by how many gifts you knit each year. Lucky recipients! :)

Both the dishcloths and the mitts are very pretty. I love the stripes. Maybe I will get motivated to knit some gifts myself. :)

barbara said...

Your homemade gifts ROCK! You're an inspiration. I plan to make most of mine this year. :)

Siobhán said...

I always admire your hand made gifts and the fancy presentation! They're all wonderful--great colors!

Kate said...

Great gifts

Nancy said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of your handmade Christmas gifts Staci! You always package them up so nicely!

busyascanbe said...

I love the dish clothes. Great idea!

Elisa said...

fab knitting finishes as always Staci xx

Sally said...

What lovely ideas. I love those dishcloths.

L.O. said...

Staci,

I love your pictures. The washclothes are just scrumptious. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern. I have been neglecting my knitting for a while. This would be a great project for me to start back with. Have a great weekend!

Jeanie said...

Awesome gifts! I may have to knit up some of those great dishcloths:)