Monday, August 4, 2008

The bandwagon

Saw the fun rag jewelry on Tanya and Leslie's blogs, so we had to make some too!


It was simple and inexpensive entertainment......FYI: if you've got a Hobby Lobby and a Michael's, buy your bandannas at Hobby Lobby (way cheaper, bigger selection) and buy them this week (on sale, even cheaper) cuz your kids will want one in every color :)


Instructions are on Leslie's blog :)


Heidi rec'd the summer round of F&S that I stitched her. I thought this design was cute and summery :)


Seaside Sunshine by
Erica Michaels, freebie found here
fabric: 32ct oyster linen
fibers: DMC variations

I've got a couple finished knitty projects to show you, but my model is still in bed. She better enjoy it, school starts in 13 days...

10 comments:

Hazel said...

OOOOh great rag jewellery. I'm sure my dd would love these. Off to have a look. Fab Christmas ornies btw. What a cool idea. xx

Petra said...

Looks like your kids had fun with the rag jewelery. Love your summertime exchange, it's so bright & cheery!

Anonymous said...

Hey little Sis...
Let's see where do I start??? Well you know I WANT that little SNOWMAN!!! Toooooo Cute!!! and the kiddo's jewlery cool! I'm sure the boyz had fun with theirs too! I think those might be littlest feeties???? And niecie had the right idea...1 in every color :) Looks like they did a wonderful job! They all look COOL :)
Anyways...the squares you did look wonderful and they do look summery...Love the little fish...and the colors in the ones you recieved are oh so bright and colorful...luv that! Have a wonderful day :)

Rima said...

That rag jewellery is so cute. Very innovative.

Melissa said...

The rag jewelry is wonderful. I need to do that with my girls sometime. Your Erica Michaels piece is great too.

Carla said...

Love the rag jewelry!!! The summer squares you stitched are lovely!!

Sharon said...

Fab squares! The bandana jewelry is too cute.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Aren't they fun to make? They're addicting - I know! Ben is still wearing his - so fun :o) I don't think there's a Hobby Lobby near me :( On sale? You're kidding! I love a good sale.

Tanya

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

We made some of these in Girl Scouts! Love them, don't you?
And I love your Fair Squares!

WendyJo said...

What fun jewelry for the kids! Love it.

Your squares turned out really great! Really fun and summery! Great job Staci